Header Ads

Sony Japan introduces the F-Series into its lineup



Sony Japan has finally introduced the new F-Series and as standard with most Japanese Walkmans, there are more colours and options when compared to other regions.  Noise cancellation and ATRAC are 2 new additions and also a bluetooth model.  The bluetooth headphones also ship with noise cancellation which is something new from Sony for the Walkman range if I recall correctly.

As can be seen, there are a lot of colour options to match your walkman colour as well.  There are 3 capacities, 16, 32 and 64GB.  Pricing will start from 230 Euros for the 16GB and as high as 350 Euros for the 64GB model.  In addition there is also a model that ships with a speaker dock, colour coded to the model, but this model only is available in 16 and 32GB.  More photos after the break, I will also update more information tomorrow.











8 comments:

  1. Here's my comment from two months ago:
    The Faze said...

    Wouldn't it be great if the F-series had NC and 64GB? Any chance the Japanese might get a version of that one?
    18 July, 2012 17:04

    Yup, finally. I think I have found my next Walkman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet again, Japan gets the decent models, why won't Sony release a 64Gb NC Walkman outside Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope we at least get a 32gb version sold in the STORES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cant wait to have this..but some sony stores in the US said its sold out, awaiting for deliveries

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were having a sale for Black Friday thru Cyber Monday

    But the Sony Walkman Z series is now no longer available at Sony.com

    Does this mean that the model has been discontinued or is it out of stock only?

    Does the model being discontinued indicate that they are planning on refreshing the Sony Walkman Line again at CES 2013?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet again SONY show they don't care, outside Japan the new models only offer 32GB max if you are lucky, they seem to forget/ignore that these are multimedia devices (some even support FLAC) so with video and big audio files the supported sizes are insufficent for a decent library (I don't want to resync every few weeks). If SONY won't provide 64Gb then why don't they provide a microSD slot, more useful than the pathetic speaker they now seem to think is essensial in a Walkman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any news or thoughts on why the z series is no longet available in the us? Discontinued after less than a year sounds weird. I love my z1060 and I really want to remain in the Walkman field, but Sony's behaviour makes me doubt they'll continue supporting the Walkman label.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any news or thoughts on why the z series is no longet available in the us? Discontinued after less than a year sounds weird. I love my z1060 and I really want to remain in the Walkman field, but Sony's behaviour makes me doubt they'll continue supporting the Walkman label.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.